Departmental Award: DFCM Award of Excellence Outstanding Contribution to Family Medicine Research
This award is broad in scope and acknowledges an outstanding contribution to family medicine research (clinical, education or health services) which includes research productivity and impact, mentoring, teaching, administration, departmental contributions, and national and international recognition.
Anyone with a DFCM primary appointment who has not previously won this award. Candidates for this award must be Full Professors or equivalent and have an international reputation. Awards will only be made if a suitable candidate is identified.
The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- Research Productivity (including grants, publications and presentations)
- Impact of research
- Administration, Teaching and Departmental Contributions
- National and International Recognition
- Nominations can be made by any faculty or staff member of the DFCM, including self-nomination.
- The nominations will be considered by the DFCM Central Awards Committee.
- The nominator is responsible for all the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for a DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- A nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, or a DFCM Program Director, or a Division head, or a faculty or staff supervisor or colleague.
- A letter describing how the nominee meets the above selection criteria along with evidence to support the impact of their research (e.g. how it has changed practice, editorial recognitions, publications in high impact journals, citation indices such as h-index).
- Optionally, supporting material such as testimonials or letters of support may be collected and submitted.
- The nominee’s updated CV or resume is also required.
Please submit the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentation in a single PDF file by February 15, 2020 to:
DFCM Central Awards Committee
c/o: Laura Surdianu, Faculty Development
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
500 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V7