Enhanced Skills Program: Care of the Elderly Elective Rotation Goals and Objectives
By the end of the rotation, the resident will:
(Medical Expert objectives to be identified at the start of the rotation)
- Participate in a collaborative team-based model and with consulting health professionals in the care of patients Participates in a collaborative team-based model and with consulting health professionals in the care of patients Develop rapport, trust and ethical therapeutic relationships with patients and families.
- Accurately elicit and synthesizes information from, and perspectives of, patients and families, colleagues and other professionals.
- Participate in a collaborative team-based model and with consulting health professionals in the care of patients.
- Engage patients or specific groups of patients and their families as active participants in their care.
- Participate in activities that contribute to the effectiveness of their own practice, health care organizations and systems.
- Manage their practice and career effectively.
- Respond to individual patient health needs and issues as part of patient care.
- Respond to the health needs of older patients in the community they serve.
- Maintain and enhance professional activities through ongoing self-directed learning based on reflective practice.
- Demonstrate a commitment to their patients, professional and society through ethical practice.