Graduate Studies Online Info Session
Oct 16, 2017
Graduate Information Sessions
Master’s Programs in Family & Community Medicine and Health Practitioner Teacher Education
Considering advanced professional development? Don't think you have the time?
Join us to learn more about three professional Master’s programs designed with practicing health professionals in mind:
- MPH (FCM): Master of Public Health (Family and Community Medicine)
- MScCH (FCM): Master of Science in Community Health (Family and Community Medicine)
- MScCH (HPTE): Master of Science in Community Health (Health Practitioner Teacher Education)
ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
Our programs allow you to focus your work on the interface between primary care and public health, academic family medicine or education in the health professions. There is a growing need for teachers and education leaders with a firm grasp of scholarly work in these fields. The knowledge, skills and attitudes developed in these Master’s programs have helped many faculty attain senior hospital or university appointments.
Program participants come from different health disciplines and from many parts of the world, providing to a unique and stimulating venue for learning and collaborating and the opportunity to develop rich professional networks.
Special features of these programs include:
- Flexible part time option
- Fieldwork practicum that allows for experiential learning and reinforces theoretical principles
- No thesis or comprehensive exam requirement
- Credit given for prior study in recognized programs