MScCH (FCM) Pilot Program for IMGs Information Webinar
Register Now: 2018pilotwebinar.eventbrite.ca
Are you an International Medical Graduate looking to re-position your career?
Join us for a free webinar and learn more about this pilot program in the Master of Science in Community Health, Family and Community Medicine stream.
About this pilot
For the 2019-2020 admission cycle, we will again be accepting applications from internationally trained medical doctors who are residents of Canada and intending to re-position their careers in health care related jobs such as research associates, teaching assistants or clinic administrators.
Offered by the Department of Family and Community Medicine in collaboration with the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto, this full-time program can be completed in 3 terms or one full year.
Students admitted to the MScCH under the pilot criteria must have completed a residency program and a minimum of one year of licensed clinical practice and will be expected to participate in surveys and focus groups to evaluate the program.
The degree course requirements and evaluation standards are the same for all students whether admitted under our current admission criteria or in the pilot program for internationally trained medical doctors.
Special features of this program include:
- A rich professional network of colleagues from different health disciplines and from many parts of the world
- An emphasis on practical application of skills and strategies
- Courses taught by health professionals for health professionals
- A fieldwork practicum that allows for experiential learning and reinforces the theoretical principles learned in many of the courses
- No thesis or comprehensive exam requirement