Enhanced Skills Fellowships/PGY3
Current Opportunities for Further Training
|August 24, 2015
||Application Process Opens
|October 2, 2015
||Application Deadline Date
|October 5 - December 3, 2015
|December 4, 2015
|December 17, 2015
||CARMS ER Match Date
|December 17, 2015
||Deadline for Acceptance
Download the Application Form:
- For the 2016-2017 year, we are moving to an electronic application and will no longer accept paper applications. Details on how to apply to the Enhanced Skills Program will be posted here in Summer 2015.
- Emergency Medicine(CaRMS application process)
- For questions regarding the PGY3 Enhanced Skills program, please read the frequently asked questions
In past years, many DFCM Enhanced Skills fellows have successfully incorporated a DFCM continuing education (CE) or Masters Degree program alongside their clinical fellowship program. Such an arrangement would require a separate application into an academic fellowship or graduate studies program as well as approval of the Enhanced Skills Clinical Program Director. Application deadline for the 2015-16 MScCH (FCM/HPTE) degree is Fall 2014 for a Summer 2015 and January 2015 for the Fall 2015 start. The application deadline for the MPH (FCM) degree is January 2015 for a September 2015 start. Please visit our page Fellows & Graduate Students for more information on our programs and application information.
- Addictions - CAMHAddiction Medicine PGY3/ Fellowship - Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Addictions - SJHCA Family Medicine Training Program in Addictions at St. Joseph’s Health Centre, Toronto
- AIDS/HIVA family medicine fellowship which will provide comprehensive care to patients with HIV infection in the community and a hospice setting
- AnesthesiaA one year comprehensive training program in Anesthesia.
- Breast DiseasesA family medicine fellowship which will provide enrichment in the area of benign and malignant breast disease and exposure to issues facing breast cancer survivors
- Care of the ElderlyThe goal of this family medicine Fellowship is to provide trainees with the knowledge and skills to become leaders in the primary care of the elderly within their communities
- Clinical Palliative CareThe Clinical Palliative Care PGY3 Enhanced Skills Program is offered at St. Joseph’s Health Centre in Toronto.
- Conjoint Palliative MedicineA one-year postgraduate program jointly accredited by the RCPSC and the CFPC designed for physicians seeking advanced training to develop added competency in palliative medicine.
- Emergency MedicineThis Program is designed to provide training to residents in Family Medicine which will prepare them for a career in both Family and Emergency Medicine
- Environmental HealthThe Fellowship will enhance the skills of Family Physicians by integrating knowledge about the health impacts of environmental exposures across the lifespan into their comprehensive understanding of illnesses and prevention in family medicine
- Clinician Scholar Program (Research Fellowship)Accepting applications for support of a current University of Toronto Family Medicine Resident who wishes to pursue a 1-2-year funded Family Medicine Research Fellowship.
- Academic FM-Hospital MedicineThis Family Medicine fellowship enhances the skills of recent Family Medicine graduates who wish to include at least a 25% commitment to inpatient medicine in their family physician careers
- Global HealthThe goal of this Family Medicine fellowship is to enhance the ability of Canadian family physicians to competently address global health issues both locally and abroad
- Indigenous HealthThe goal of the Indigeneous Health fellowship is to enhance the ability of Canadian family physicians to provide comprehensive care to and to be advocates for improved health in Indigenous populations in Ontario and other regions of Canada in accordance with the First Nations, Inuit and Métis (Indigenous) Health core competencies for Postgraduate Medical Education
- Low Risk ObstetricsThe Low Risk Obstetrical Program is a three-month clinical program aimed at providing additional experience to trainees committed to including family medicine obstetrics in their future practices
- Medical OncologyA one year comprehensive training program in Medical Oncology.
- Self-Directed PGY3A self-directed PGY3 focused on populations with gaps in medical care.
- Sport and Exercise MedicineThis fellowship will prepare the fellow to incorporate best practices for musculoskeletal medicine in clinical, educational and research settings
- Women's HealthThe goal of the Women's health program is to provide philosophical and practical enrichment in Women’s Health based on a whole person approach in order to foster advocacy and develop leaders in the health care of Women