The Department of Family and Community Medicine's 2017-2018 Annual Report
The Department of Family and Community (DFCM) is pleased to share its 2017-2018 Annual Report.
Inside you’ll find stories and information on our department’s achievements over the past year and ideas and priorities for moving forward.
This year’s report highlights excellent work done over the past year, including:
- Updates from all of our 14 teaching hospital sites and faculty leadership.
- The launch of a new BETTER Practitioner Training Institute that will improve prevention and screening of cancer and chronic diseases.
- Information on projects and research that address a wide array of health concerns, such as the management of multiple chronic conditions, the link between influenza and heart attacks, advocacy projects that address patients’ social needs, the creation of a new ethics curriculum for family medicine physicians, and much more.
- News from all of our education programs, including our work to become the first postgraduate family medicine residency program in North America and the second in the world to receive global accreditation through the World Organization of Family Doctors.
- Interviews with up-and-coming DFCM leaders.
And much more.
Thank you to all of the hard work and dedication shown by our students, residents, staff, faculty and partners.
We hope you’ll take the time to learn about our achievements over the past year.