Dealing with Personal Crisis
I am experiencing a personal crisis.
Please know that you are not alone. There are many people who can help you, no matter what problem you might be facing. If this is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 right away or go to the nearest emergency department.
Where to Access Help
Contact your Site Program Director/Administrator or Chief Resident or:
- Office of Learner Affairs
- PARO 24 Hour Help Line 866-HELP-DOC (1-866-435-7362)
- OMA Physician Health Program 800-851-6606, email contact for Physician Health Program: email@example.com
- The Medical Psychotherapy Association Canada (MDPAC).
- Ontario College of Family Physicians
My Student Support Program (My SSP)
Provides University of Toronto students with immediate and/or ongoing confidential, 24-hr support for any school, health, or general life concern at no cost to students. You can call or chat with a counsellor directly from your phone whenever and wherever you are for a range of concerns. Download the My SSP app: App Store | Google Play
Gerstein Crisis Centre
This 24-hr helpline service will allow you to talk about whatever you are going through. Call 416-929-5200 and visit gersteincentre.org.
Distress Centre of Greater Toronto
Provides emotional support if you are in distress. Call 416-408-4357 and visit www.dcogt.com.