Departmental Award: Academic Family Physician of the Year
This award recognizes one individual in the department who has demonstrated a sustained contribution to clinical practice, teaching, and scholarship.
Any faculty member who has been in academic family medicine for at least ten (10) years is eligible.
The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- A broad-based clinical practice.
- Sustained (i.e. more than five years) teaching of various levels of learners.
- Contribution to scholarship in the discipline.
Nominations can be made by any faculty or staff member of the DFCM; including self- nomination. The nominations will be considered by the DFCM Central Awards Committee. The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for a DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- Completed nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, DFCM Program Director, Division Head or Supervisor.
- Two letters of support indicating why this individual is being nominated in the selected category. Letters that are the most helpful address the criteria of the award and present evidence supporting the nominee’s excellence in this criterion.
- Additional material documenting evidence of excellence may be submitted.
Nomination form can completed on line with the link below or can be downloaded and emailed:
- dfcm_awards_of_excellence_nomination_form_2021.docx (47.4 KB)
Please submit by email the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentation in a single PDF file by March 15, 2021 to
DFCM Central Awards Committee
c/o: Danielle Dudycha, Faculty Development
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
500 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V7