Departmental Award: Quality Improvement Award of Excellence
This award recognizes faculty-led teams who have successfully disseminated QI-related initiatives at a provincial and/or international level through accepted workshops, lecture presentations, and/or peer reviewed publications.
Any faculty member and their team in the DFCM is eligible.
The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
[Demonstration of a scholarly approach in the execution of QI initiatives with evidence of excellent teaching skills and methodological application of QI to include:]
- Identification of Improvement Opportunity
- Establishment of Team
- Planning for the Project
- Testing Changes
- Improvement – Meaningful Results
- Sustainability & Spread
- Effective Dissemination
One award winner will be selected from each of the following categories:
- Fully Affiliated Sites
- Community Affiliated Sites
- Community Sites
- HPEs Fully Affiliated Sites
- HPEs Community Affiliated Sites
Members of the Quality Program Committee (QPC) can nominate faculty-led, academic site QI initiatives for these awards. The nominations will be considered by the DFCM Central Awards Committee. The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for a DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- Completed nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, DFCM Program Director, Division Head or Supervisor.
- Two letters of support indicating why this individual is being nominated in the selected category. Letters that are the most helpful address the criteria for the award and present evidence supporting the nominee’s excellence in those criteria.
- CV. (One CV should be submitted by the group lead)
- Additional material documenting evidence of excellence may be submitted.
Please complete the online nomination form below, or download the form and include it in your application submitted.
Please submit by email the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentation in a single PDF file by March 15, 2021 to:
DFCM Central Awards Committee
c/o: Danielle Dudycha Faculty Development
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
500 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V7