Departmental Award: Staff Excellence
This award recognizes outstanding contribution by individuals within the Department of Family and Community Medicine who have demonstrated a sustained contribution of excellence over a period of at least three years. This award seeks to recognize an individual’s expertise in their role, to recognize the importance of DFCM staff roles, and to recognize overall achievement.
Any individual who works at the central office of the DFCM, community site, community affiliated or fully affiliated teaching site is eligible.
The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- Demonstrated a sustained excellence through the support of department administration, and/or teaching and research endeavours over a period of three years or more.
- Being held in high regard by colleagues, staff, students, faculty and senior administration.
- Contributed on a regular basis to the success of the Department.
- Outstanding contribution within the nominee’s usual role, to the success of a single event of importance to the DFCM.
- Contributions to the success of a DFCM project, program, or initiative that falls beyond the nominee’s usual role.
One award winner will be selected from each of the following categories:
- Central Department
- Fully Affiliated Sites
- Community Affiliated Sites
Please review our Site Affiliation Table to determine which category applies to your nominee.
Nominations can be made by any faculty or staff member of the DFCM, including self-nomination. The nominations will be considered by the DFCM Central Awards Committee. The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for this DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- Completed nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, DFCM Program Director, Division Head or Supervisor.
- Two letters of support indicating why this individual is being nominated in the selected category. Letters that are the most helpful address the criteria for the award and present evidence supporting the nominee’s excellence in those criteria.
- Additional material documenting evidence of excellence may be submitted. A maximum of 3 additional documents can be added to the nomination. These may include letters of support, project proposals, educational materials, etc.
Please download the form and include it in the nomination package:
Please submit by email the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentation in a single PDF file by April 15 (annually) to firstname.lastname@example.org