Residency Greater Toronto Area (GTA) Stream
The Greater Toronto Area (GTA) stream of family medicine residency includes both downtown academic health science centres and large community hospitals within Toronto, Mississauga and Scarborough.
- The diversity of the GTA is fully reflected in family practice settings that serve patients from every cultural, linguistic and socio-economic demographics.
- Hospital teaching sites offer exposure to the full range of specialties and family medicine practices, including unique opportunities in areas such as HIV care, inner-city medicine, immigrant health, women’s health and addictions medicine.
There are twelve hospital teaching sites available in the GTA program residency. Our teaching sites are:
- Markham Stouffville Hospital
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- North York General Hospital
- Unity Health Toronto: St. Joseph’s Health Centre
- Unity Health Toronto: St. Michael’s Hospital
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Scarborough Health Network
- Toronto East Health Network
- UHN: Toronto Western Hospital
- Trillium Health Partners
- Mississauga Hospital
- Credit Valley Hospital
- Women’s College Hospital
Please view the the Quick Facts: Greater Toronto Area (GTA) Stream