Advancing Family Medicine Globally through Scholarship, Social Responsibility and Strategic Partnerships
DFCM's 2015-2020 strategic plan, Advancing Family Medicine Globally through Scholarship, Social Responsibility and Strategic Partnerships builds on the many successes of the previous five years while turning attention to areas where DFCM needs to grow the most.
Both internal and external stakeholders were consulted to develop the goals and action items laid out within it. We reflected on both our achievements and what we need to do to move DFCM – and the discipline of family medicine – forward.
Through extensive consultation, the following five strategic directions were determined:
- Develop strategic partnerships to improve health and family medicine scholarship
- Increase our impact on health through education, clinical and health services research
- Advance quality primary care through scholarship and innovation across all of our education endeavours
- Enhance health services through quality improvement and health system integration
- Promote engagement and leadership in our faculty and staff