Resources and Publications
Quality Improvement Resources
BiG Fund - Better Improvement Grant
In the spirit of ‘better is always possible’, the DFCM Quality Improvement Program welcomes QI project proposals focused on better - whether it be a focus on better care, better experience, or better outcomes, the Triple Aim.
The Quality Improvement Program will provide two grants annually to support QI projects focused on better. The audience for these grants includes DFCM faculty and health professional educators at each of the fourteen academic sites.
Funds provided will be up to a maximum of $10,000 per grant:
- For fully-affiliated academic sites: $5000 from the QI Program matched by $5000 from the site
- For community-based academic sites: $7500 from the QI Program matched by $2500 from the site
- Annually by December 31st
QI Publication Funding
To help support DFCM faculty who have had peer-reviewed Quality Improvement articles accepted for publication.
All faculty in the Department of Family and Community Medicine are eligible to apply. The faculty member must be either first author or senior responsible author. A maximum of one award will be granted per person per calendar year (January 1 - December 31).
Completion of the online form.
- The Improvement Guide, Gerald J. Langley, Ronald D. Moen, Kevin M. Nolan, Thomas W. Nolan, Clifford L. Norman, Lloyd P. Provost
- Quality By Design, Eugene C. Nelson, Marjorie M. Godfrey & Paul B. Batalden
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard, Chip Heath & Dan Heath
- Made to Stick, Chip Heath & Dan Heath
- Why Change is so Hard, Dan Heath
- Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us, Daniel Pink