Departmental Awards: Staff Excellence in Leadership Values
This award recognizes the role that leadership plays on a daily basis within the Department of Family and Community Medicine. This award seeks to motivate excellence in leadership and to bring the DFCM values to the centre of staff culture; see Mission, Vision and Values at www.dfcm.utoronto.ca/about/mission.htm.
Any individual who works at the Department of Family and Community Medicine’s central office is eligible.
Pending nominations and if a suitable candidate is found, one award will be given. The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- How DFCM values are exhibited by the nominee.
- How the nominee exhibits leadership qualities and/or how the nominee acts as a role model to their colleagues.
- Other factors that make this individual a deserving recipient of this recognition.
Nominations can be made by any faculty or staff member of the DFCM, including self- nomination. The nominations will be considered by the DFCM Central Awards Committee. The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for a DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- Completed nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, or a DFCM Program Director, or a Division head, or a Faculty/Staff supervisor or colleague.
- Two letters of support indicating why this individual is being nominated in the selected category. Letters that are the most helpful address the criteria for the award and present evidence supporting the nominee’s excellence in those criteria.
- Additional material documenting evidence of excellence may be submitted.
Please submit the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentation in a single PDF file by February 15, 2019 to:
DFCM Central Awards Committee
c/o: Laura Surdianu, Faculty Development
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
500 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V7
Tel: (416) 978-7565
Fax: (416) 978-3912