Mission, Vision and Values
The Department of Family and Community Medicine (DFCM) is an academic department composed of health care professionals dedicated to leadership in teaching, research, service and the advancement of the discipline of family medicine, locally, nationally and internationally.
Excellence in research, education and innovative clinical practice to advance high quality patient-centred care.
We teach, create and disseminate knowledge in primary care, advancing the discipline of family medicine and improving health for diverse and underserved communities locally and globally.
We are guided by the four principles of family medicine and the following values:
- Integrity in all our endeavours
- Commitment to innovation and academic and clinical excellence
- Lifelong learning and critical inquiry
- Promotion of social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
- Advocacy for access and quality patient care and practice
- Multidisciplinary, interprofessional collaboration and effective partnerships
- Accountability and transparency within our academic communities and with the public