MD Teaching and Learning Resources
Online Family Medicine E-Learning Tools
Keep these online repositories of knowledge in your bookmarks! Our resources will enhance your undergraduate family medicine studies and act as convenient reference materials. We also list several sources of career advice below, for general medical careers and specifically for family medicine pathways.
- University of Toronto Undergraduate Medical Education Library | Supportive learning materials for years one through four.
- The Hub – Family Medicine| An online study guide for your third year family medicine clerkship course.
- Career Advice Resources | The Office of Health Professions Students Affairs (OHPSA) has a multitude of services for undergraduate medical students who need career advice or guidance.
- Virtual Teaching and Supervision| Faculty Development resources to assist with virtual teaching. Includes tips and tricks, best practices, modules etc.
- Family Medicine Electives & Selectives Supervisor Manual | This manual will serve as a helpful guide for teaching in the Electives and Transition to Residency (Selectives) Programs. It contains an overview of the programs, objectives, references, as well as practical teaching tools you can incorporate into your teaching.
- A Faculty Primer: Portraying Social Identities in Medical Curriculum | Reference tool for medical educators when creating or delivering lectures, CBL cases, seminars, or other teaching and learning materials.
- Undergraduate Community Preceptor Education Evening - November 22, 2022|This annual event provides faculty development specifically aimed at our community-based preceptors who teach FMLE, Elective, TTR and Clerkship students. This year's session was themed around teaching while running a busy clinic. (Must login with UTORid)