Information Sessions and Workshops - Faculty Promotions
Are you thinking about promotion?
This year the DFCM will be hosting information sessions and workshops for faculty who are interested in applying for a junior promotion or a senior promotion. Whether you plan to apply this year, next year or in a few years, the information session will help you prepare.
Choose which type of sessions you’re interested in:
- Junior Promotions: Lecturer to Assistant Professor
- Senior Promotions: Assistant Professor to Associate Professor, Associate Professor to full Professor
Lecture to Assistant Professor
Tuesday February 25, 2020
This workshop covered the steps, process, and criteria for a junior promotion application package.
Assistant Professor to Associate Professor, or Associate to full Professor
Tuesday January 14, 2020 - Workshop #1
This workshop provided an overview of the senior promotion process:
- How do I become an Associate or Full Professor?
- Understanding the process, timeline, and steps to apply for a senior promotion
- What is a senior promotion dossier and what documents are required?
- Manual for Academic Promotions
Tuesday February 18, 2020 - Workshop #2
Dr. David White will be attending for a brief welcome (15 minutes), speaking to importance of a promotion and key tips.
This workship will:
- Focus on the pre-applications
- Help you identify your scholarly work in teaching & education, research, CPA
- Help you identify your 5 scholarly pieces of work
- Session leaders will be invited under teaching and education, research, CPA
2:00pm - 4:00pm
To register, please email Marie Leverman.
Important Senior Promotion dates:
- Friday April 3, 2020: due date to submit pre-application
- Tuesday April 28, 2020: senior promotions committee meets to report on pre-applications
- Tuesday May 12, 2020: candidate receives feedback from committee
What Is the Process of Promotion?
If you would like to read online ahead of time about the promotions process, view details and find helpful advice on either type of promotion.
For more details, contact Marie Leverman, Academic Promotions Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)