Information Sessions and Workshops - Faculty Promotions
Are you thinking about promotion?
This year the DFCM will be hosting information sessions and workshops for faculty who are interested in applying for a junior promotion or a senior promotion. Whether you plan to apply this year, next year or in a few years, the information session will help you prepare.
Choose which type of sessions you’re interested in:
- Junior Promotions: Lecturer to Assistant Professor
- Senior Promotions: Assistant Professor to Associate Professor, Associate Professor to full Professor
Lecture to Assistant Professor
This workshop covers the steps, process, and criteria for a junior promotion application package.
Assistant Professor to Associate Professor, or Associate to full Professor
Workshop #1 - February 26, 2021, 2:30pm - 3:30pm (click here to register)
This is an information session for interested faculty. It will provide an overview of the senior promotion process:
- How do I become an Associate or Full Professor?
- Brief overview of the steps, criteria, and timeline for promotion
Workshop #2 - March 26, 2021, 2:30pm - 4:30pm (click here to register)
This workshop will:
- Assist candidates in preparing a pre-application
- Help you identify your areas of excellence and competence in each of the 4 categories (teaching & education, research, creative professional activity (CPA), and administration)
- Help you identify your 5 scholarly pieces of work
- Candidates should have met with their Chief and DPC Chair by now
Workshop #3 - May 28, 2021, 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Registration link to be sent to confirmed candidates only
This workshop will:
- Provide a review of the final documents required in the senior promotion dossier
- Help you workshop and analyze feedback from the senior promotions committee from your pre-application
- Review of important documents such as the letter of application and reflective statement
Please review our DFCM timeline and familiarize yourself with the important dates in the upcoming 2021-2022 senior promotions cycle.
What Is the Process of Promotion?
If you would like to read online ahead of time about the promotions process, view details and find helpful advice on either type of promotion.
For more details, contact Sarah Letovsky, Academic Promotions Coordinator.