Stay up to date with everything happening at DFCM!
Our monthly email newsletter contains news, events and updates for academic healthcare professionals focused on primary care. Faculty, learners (residents and students), staff and friends of our department are encouraged to sign up.
- May/June 2023: Celebrating our Class of 2023 and the chain of family medicine mentorship
- April 2023: Now out: 2023 Family Medicine Report and senior promotions
- March 2023: Early bird registration for the 2023 DFCM Conference is now open!
- February 2023: Lessons from Pandemia and Humber River joins DFCM as newest teaching site
- January 2023: Inaugural Vice-Chair, Community & Partnerships appointed and advocating for tailored care for older adults
- December 2022: Call for abstracts now open for 2023 DFCM Conference and DFCM faculty receive CFPC and OCFP Awards!
- Fall 2022: New strategic plan sets a roadmap for DFCM's priorities over the next five years
- September 2022: Watch the Awards Event recording and attend the Town Hall to launch DFCM's strategic plan
- Summer 2022: Leadership additions at DFCM and autumn events
- June 2022: Welcoming our newest family docs and healing through good listening
- May 2022: Celebrating promotions | DFCM Conference recording available | Celebrating the strength of our community
- April 2022: Dreaming big | DFCM Conference registration | First DFCM Patient Advisory Committee
- March 2022: DFCM Conference registration | Looking up and out for inspiration | Practical tips to improve patient & planetary health
- February 2022: Celebrating education, DFCM Town Hall recording and award opportunities
- January 2022: Committing to wellness, a DFCM Town Hall and COVID resources
- December 2021: Messages of gratitude from DFCM faculty members, 2021 UofT Family Medicine Report and more
- November 2021: New patient engagement report and announcing new appointments at DFCM
- October 2021: Welcome from Dr. Danielle Martin, DFCM Chair
- September 2021: Announcing DFCM award winners and new appointments
- August 2021: Announcing Dr. Danielle Martin as the new DFCM Chair and registration now open for the 2021 DFCM Celebration Event
- July 2021: Family doctors supporting other health professionals during COVID and leading the vaccine effort
- June 2021: Celebrating 155 new family doctors and DFCM's first-ever virtual conference
- May 2021: Celebrating our senior promotions and redeployed residents
- April 2021: Register for the 2021 DFCM Conference, learn about climate change and health and more
- March 2021: Operation Remote Immunity delivering vaccines to Indigenous communities, respectful care and working with the LGBTQ2S+ community and more
- February 2021: New COVID-19 vaccination learning modules, Black Mental Health Day and more!
- January 2021: Call for abstracts, upcoming DFCM awards and events!
- December 2020: Admissions for MPH program open, Voices Rock Medicine, new Elana Fric Family Medicine Award and more
- November 2020: New University of Toronto Family Medicine Report on the state of family medicine and the health of patients in the GTA released!
- October 2020: Celebrating achievements, building resident leadership skills and addressing anti-Indigenous racism in healthcare
- September 2020: New divisions announced, voting for health, and local business donates PPE to DFCM residents
- August 2020: Dr. Janet Smylie awarded Tier 1 CRC, and new Co-Leads in Climate Change and Health announced
- July 2020: Celebrating our program and external award winners, Dr. Ann Burchell awarded Tier 2 CRC, and more!
- June 2020: Celebrating senior promotions, residency graduation, and more!
- May 2020: New COVID-19 Social Care Guidance Tool, 2020 DFCM Awards of Excellence, and COVID-19 Community of Practice
- April 2020: New DFCM blog, Conquer COVID-19, and Faces of U of T Medicine
- March 2020: COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- February 2020: Register for the 2020 DFCM Conference, faculty Jane Philpott named Dean at Queen's, and DFCM appoints new EDI Lead
- January 2020: Upcoming 50th Thank You Celebration, linking patients with primary care at Southlake, and keeping grads in Barrie
- December 2019: Dr. Camille Lemieux named new chief of FM at UHN and many of our DFCM faculty recognized at the OCFP awards in our last newsletter of the year!
- November 2019: Call for abstracts for 2020 DFCM Conference, 2018-2019 Annual Report
- October 2019: New podcast, newsletter refresh, and all things new at DFCM!
- September 2019: Register for the QI Conference, DFCM launching new podcast, and more!
- August 2019: Physicians fighting against climate change, women in family medicine, and more!
- July 2019: Welcoming new residents, new positions, innovative programs and events in our July edition
- June 2019: Promotions, Award Winners, Research Chairs and More - A Busy Few Months at DFCM
- May 2019: Resident wins prestigious award, U of T Family Medicine Report released, and more
- April 2019: U of T Family Medicine Report Launch, Conference Recap, and more
- March 2019: MD students becoming leaders in family medicine research, UTOPIAN updates, and more
- February 2019: Register for DFCM Conference, All things new at DFCM, and more!
- January 2019: DFCM Conference Registration Open, Celebrating 50 Years, New Podcast
- November/December 2018: Relecting on the value of giving this holiday season, DFCM faculty award winners, achievements and More!
- October 2018: New DFCM designations, book releases, award winners and More!
- September 2018: Annual Report 2017/2018 release, New Director of UTOPIAN and More!
- August 2018: New Medical Director of the Physician Assistant Program, an Inside Look at Global Health Week, and More!
- July 2018: New Quality and Innovation Vice-Chair, Research on Cancer Screening, and More!
- June 2018: Academic Promotions and DFCM Faculty Celebration Event
- May 2018: The BETTER Program, Celebrating World Family Doctor Day, and More!
- April 2018: Celebrating Family Doctors in May
- March 2018: DFCM is busy hosting two big events in April
- February 2018: DFCM News Digest: DFCM Conference, Awards and Latest Research Studies From Faculty
- January 2018: DFCM News Digest: First Issue of the Year
- December 2017: DFCM News Digest: Last Issue of the Year - Happy Holidays
- November 2017: DFCM News Digest: Speakers Announced for DFCM Conference
- October 2017: DFCM News Digest: Dr. Kidd Shares his Vision for DFCM
- September 2017: DFCM News Digest: Dr. Amanda Howe will be at DFCM in November
- August 2017: DFCM News Digest: Media Mentions and One DFCM Faculty Member was Featured in Senator Bernie Sanders' Tweet
- July 2017: DFCM News Digest: Three New Publications from Faculty and New DFCM Social Media Accounts
- June 2017: DFCM News Digest: See the Photos from the DFCM Conference and Awards
- May 2017: Meet New DFCM Chair, Conference Registration and More.
- February 2017: Screening Rates for Vulnerable Populations & Resident Awareness Week
- January 2017: 6 Big Ideas & Interim Chair's Message
- November 2016: New DFCM Chair & Palliative Care Report
- October 2016: New Website & Exciting Faculty News
- June 2016: Faculty Celebration and Q&A with Dr. Marla Shapiro
- May 2016: CIHR Announces New IAB Chairs & RSVPs for 2 Exciting Department Events
- March 2016: Conference Registration Open & Q&A with Director of Wilson Centre
- February 2016