Trillium Health Partners - Mississauga Hospital
Trillium Health Partners is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities.
Trillium Health Partners is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and is an associate member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network.
As one of Canada’s largest academically-affiliated tertiary care hospitals with highly-specialized regional programs, we have specialty departments in all major fields of medicine:
- Family medicine
- Internal medicine
- Complex continuing care services
- Cardiac surgery, surgery
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Emergency medicine
- Diagnostic imaging
Trillium - Summerville Family Medicine Teaching Unit (FMTU)
101 Queensway West
UNDERGRADUATE: MD Program Details
Chief of Family Medicine
Teaching Site Facilities:
Trillium Health Partners received over 1.6 million patient visits in 2013-14, including over 266,000 Emergency Department visits. Last year, over 66,000 surgical procedures were performed and over 9,000 babies were delivered. Across all three sites a total of 1,268 beds are staffed and in operation and there are over 10,000 staff, physicians and volunteers.
- Houses most of the hospital’s inpatient services
- 827 acute, rehabilitation and chronic care beds
- 24-hour Emergency Care Centre
- 92,000 visits annually
- 24-hour Emergency Centre at Trillium Health Partners – providing regional programs in advanced cardiac surgery, geriatric mental health services, hepato-pancreato-biliary services, neurosurgery, palliative care, primary percutaneous coronary intervention, sexual assault and domestic violence, specialized geriatric services, stroke, and vascular services
- One of the largest concentrations of critical care services in Canada with modern facilities offering intensive care, cardiac surgery intensive care and coronary care
- Home of The Colonel Harland Sanders Family Care Centre offering a wide range of women’s and children’s services in one centralized setting – the first of its kind to be located in a hospital setting in Canada
- One of the largest birthing centres in the region
Queensway Health Centre
- A model ambulatory care center offering patients access to one of the most convenient and comprehensive range of outpatient services in the country
- A 14-hour Urgent Care Centre that sees over 61,000 patients annually, one of the largest day surgery centres in North America (Surgicentre)
- A widely-recognized Cardiac Wellness & Rehabilitation Centre
- The first comprehensive spine centre of its kind in Canada (Kingsway Financial Spine Centre)
- The Betty Wallace Women’s Health Centre, with a focus on early intervention and screening of osteoporosis and breast disease
For the convenience of staff, visitors, patients and medical residents, Trillium Health Partners offers a shuttle bus service between the Mississauga Hospital, Queensway Health Centre and Credit Valley Hospital.
Trillium Health Partners – Mississauga Hospital is situated in the heart of the city’s south end, just minutes from the QEW and is serviced by local public transit systems. Mississauga is the sixth largest city in Canada and is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the nation. The bustling waterfront, many parks, art and theater at the Living Arts Centre, nightly entertainment, fine dining and shopping at Square One – one of Ontario’s largest shopping malls, makes Mississauga the perfect city for both learning and leisure.